Monday, June 23, 2014

Just because...


One can really never know what delights await around the corner of time.  
I live for each surprise.
...and this is a good thing.

The night before my mother went to heaven, on March 20th, we were informed by our son, Joshua, in a very sweet way, that we were going to be grandparents.  We were ecstatic that night.

The next morning, though, at about five thirty in the morning, life changed.  Forever changed.
Mom was gone.
She went to sleep and never woke up.   
For months, wrapped in grief, I had lost touch with the reality of my life.  I was in autopilot with school, marriage and family.  I had no clue my dad would decide to go back to NY three weeks after her death.  
It had to be at least two months or so when it hit me...

I'M GOING TO BE A GRAMMA!  I'd forgotten altogether!

On November 14th, Joshua Liam was born!

Fast forward to last month..after much thought and prayer, I asked his mommy and daddy if I could be his caregiver and they said YES!  
WE are thrilled to be with this very active, tactile, 'living life big' little man and as our hearts melt together, I can't begin to imagine the impact he'll have on all of us. 



While he sleeps, I'll write..about him.  His growth, his temperament, and how he's changing our life.

It's his second week with us and already he's grown.  I'm sure he'll change each day and we don't want to miss any of the changes.  Last week, he scooted to get to whatever it was he wanted.  This week, just today, he has been moving his legs in sync with his arms to get around.
For the first time for me, when I put my hands out to encourage him to come to me, he crawled over and raised his arms so I could pick him up.  
He is amazing.
This is gonna be one big adventure!

1 comment:

  1. How precious is this? How did I miss this? I prayed much after you mama passed, prayed more when I knew daddy was leaving... then I lost touch. I have so much to catch up on... so excited for you, and yes, just a bit jealous as I wait somewhat impatiently for my day as a Grandma...
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete