Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's Been A Long Morning Here

...and just five minutes ago, at 12:15 or so, he began dozing in my arms, for the first time today.

Don't get me wrong.  I revel in his chasing Isaac around the rooms, his squeals of laughter as I tickle him and the way he somehow holds onto his bink while he laughs or even sneezes.  He is one of the greatest delights of my days.

He is fourteen months now, complete with a strong personality and a desire to exert it whenever it serves his purposes.  He is extremely carefree, able to go with the flow, as long as the flow means we put his shoes on and open the back door so he can literally run as fast as his legs will take him to explore the yard or take off those shoes and walk down the sidewalk to the corner and then if I try to turn him around, he lets me know that THAT is NOT what he wants to do.

Yesterday was a beautiful day and we were outside A LOT.  That gave me an opportunity to watch him and see how he's wired.

...all I can say is FASCINATING.





Joshua has a way of melting hearts by this adorable face he makes.  I don't have it on film yet, but I will!

In about forty days, his cousin, Preston, who is two months younger and his three sisters will be visiting and I cannot fathom how much fun it's going to be to see the two of them playing and talking!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment