Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"So, 'I acknowledge you, Lord of heaven and earth', articulating my praise to you for my beginnings and my infancy which I do not recall.  You have also given mankind the capacity to understand oneself by analogy with others, and to believe much about oneself on the authority of weak women.  Even at that time I had existence and life, and already at the last stage of my infant speechlessness I was searching out signs by which I made my thoughts known to others. Where can a living being such as an infant come from if not from you, God?  Or can anyone become the cause of his own making?  Or is there any channel through which being and life can be drawn into us other than what you make us, Lord?..."                          Confessions  by St. Augustine

As Joshua turned a year old this month, his growth and development have exponentially grown and watching him express his needs and wants reminds me that every word, prayer and the time invested are eternal, as is he.


He's cutting teeth right now and most of my time has been spent holding him, cuddling and praying for him to get to the other side of this pain.  Isn't that what grammas are for, anyway?  

For two days, he's wandered around in search of his best friend, Norah June.  There are no gates up now and the echoes from less furniture have given way to very loud squeals and noise that fills the hollowness of our home since they've left.  Fortunately for both of them, they don't comprehend what's happened and thankfully, we have facetime and videos we'll keep sending each other.

This is a new season for Josh.  He has two amazing, marvelous uncles that adore him and are investing in his just as his daddy did some fifteen years ago!  History repeating itself is pretty awesome when Love is at the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment